Stephanie is a painter, who makes a lot of drawings, too. She lives in Oakland, CA with her husband Frank in a new old house, where she is getting in plenty of amateur decorating time. You can find her work at SFMOMA Artists Gallery in San Francisco or see more on her website.
on my nightstand:
- lip balm
- childhood photo of me and my grandmother
- New York magazine
- Revenge of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz
am currently loving:
- my new fiddle leaf fig plant…it’s so sculptural!
- my blue Eames shell chair
- avocado on everything
- Bon Iver CD
- knowing Obama is president
what inspires you about spring?
I love its expansive, creative energy. It’s like a buzz that says wake up! The light gets more golden, and all the colors in nature seem more saturated. And it’s soo nice to be warm again.
what are three constants in your day?
- fresh squeezed orange juice
- hugs for my husband
three dishes that you find yourself cooking over and over:
- steel cut oats with raisins, sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- chips and salsa (ok, no cooking required)