artist + photographer
Valeda Stull is studying to be an information scientist while thinking about how she can use this knowledge to make the world a better and more beautiful place. She is deeply affected by the colors and light of the changing seasons and tries to capture this in her photography and occasional painting. She lives with her boyfriend and dog in North Carolina, where she writes the blog doubleginger and relishes the time she can spend writing, eating, or sitting in silence & daydreaming at her wooden table.
on the nightstand:
- walking through piles of leaves
- Alexander Calder’s Circus
- lighting the woodstove and listening to LPs
- whiskey-spiked hot cider
- my cashmere tunics
what inspires you about autumn?
- golden light and rusty colors
- bits of nature falling from the sky
- the stark temperature differences from morning to evening, like moods
what’s your idea of the perfect early november meal?
sharing laughter with loved ones over root-soup, crusty bread, salad, & wine at the table where candles are lit and stories told.
what are three constants in your day?
- coffee + fruit for breakfast
- licks on the face from my little dog
- the brilliant feeling of being in love